Alafia River Chili Cook-Off Rules
12 entries only!
Start Time - 5:00 pm
(Contestants MUST be set up by 4:30 pm)
1. No entry fee for chili cook-off. Limited to the first 12 entries.
2. All food must be pre-cooked and ready to serve.
3. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own cooking ingredients, etc. The sponsors of the
cook-off will provide an area for each contestant’s chili. (Sterno, pan & serving spoon will be provided for all contestants.)
4. Chili may be prepared with any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked with red and/or green chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients. Any kind of chili is accepted with or without meat. All ingredients must be clearly displayed at the event. (for allergy reasons).
5. Each contestant must cook a minimum of 2 (up to 4) gallons of competition chili prepared in one pot, which will be submitted for judging. Anything less than 2 gallons will not be eligible for the contest but may be sampled.
6. No condiments will be supplied by contestants. There will be a designated area for condiments supplied by the Rotary Club of FishHawk-Riverview.
7. Judging will be based on the following major considerations: good flavor, consistency, blend of spices, aroma, and color.
8. The public will be sampling your chili and voting. Sampling cups and spoons will be provided by the Rotary Club of FishHawk-Riverview.
9. A $100.00 gift certificate to an area restaurant goes to the 1st place winner, a $75.00 gift certificate for 2nd place and a $50.00 gift certificate for 3rd place.
10. Entries arriving at the event after 4:45 will not be accepted.
11. No alcoholic beverages on allowed site.
All entries will be served by entrants. Entrants may substitute a designated person to serve their chili, but there must be a person at their station at all times. Participants may wear appropriate festive dress for event. (We will have volunteers on hand if you cannot stay to serve your chili.)
A list of ingredients must be supplied for allergy reasons or the entry will be disqualified.
I, by submitting this application, intend to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrator, waive and release any and all rights claims for damages I may have against the Rotary Club of FishHawk-Riverview, or any of the other event sponsors, or their respective officers, agents, representatives and/or successors for any and all of the foregoing to use any photographs, video tapes, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose whatsoever.